Graduate Diploma of Public Health offered at Edith Cowan University practitioners are health professionals who have the skills required to help individuals and communities to have greater control over their health and well-being, and to influence organisational and political environments in ways that lead to better health for all.
Current Australian priorities for public health are to reduce health disparities between different population groups and to positively influence social, economic, physical and biological factors that play a role in determining overall health outcomes.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and interpretative skills to investigate and evaluate complex psychosocial and health issues in authentic situations.
- Communicate advanced public health knowledge, concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate high level independent judgement and management skills by planning, implementing and evaluating a substantial public health study.
Graduates would be suited to roles in the government, not-for-profit or health advocacy sectors.
Possible future job titles
Health Promotion Officer, Project Officer, Health Education Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Leadership
- Diversity, Culture and Health
- Communicable Disease
- Law and Ethical Issues
- Maternal, Child and Youth Health
- Drug Use and Addictive Behaviours
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 223 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 071517E
- It is desirable that all applicants demonstrate their commitment to the field of public health. Evidence may include, but is not limited to: publication of written work on a public health issue in the media or in a professional publication, membership of a community or professional group dedicated to public health-related goals, volunteer or paid work experience in a community organisation that seeks to advance the interests of a disadvantaged population or equivalent.
International33850 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33850 AUD per year during 12 months.
National21800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.