The Public Health course from Edith Cowan University can also be used as a pathway into the Master of Public Health, helping you to further develop your public health knowledge.
Public health practitioners help individuals and communities to have greater control over their health and well-being, and to influence organisational and political environments in ways that lead to better health for all. They work across the lifespan, including the early years, child and adolescent health, and healthy aging to support population health.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and interpretative skills to investigate and evaluate complex psychosocial and health issues in authentic situations.
- Communicate advanced public health knowledge, concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate high level independent judgement and management skills by planning, implementing and evaluating a substantial public health study.
- Public Health Leadership
- Diversity, Culture and Health
- Communicable Disease
- Law and Ethical Issues
- Maternal, Child and Youth Health
- Drug Use and Addictive Behaviours
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 363 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 071517E
- It is desirable that all applicants demonstrate their commitment to the field of public health. Evidence may include, but is not limited to: publication of written work on a public health issue in the media or in a professional publication, membership of a community or professional group dedicated to public health-related goals, volunteer or paid work experience in a community organisation that seeks to advance the interests of a disadvantaged population or equivalent.
International34900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34900 AUD per year during 12 months.
National22550 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22550 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.