This one-year full-time Career Guidance and Development programme from Edinburgh Napier University is accredited by the Career Development Institute and is recognised by the profession throughout the UK.
This programme will equip you with the knowledge to support your clients navigate the complex web of pathways in employment and education and develop their career potential. You will work with young people, adults, parents, teachers, employers and training providers.
You will explore the latest developments in career counselling and coaching practice as well as undertake work placements to prepare you for work in the career development sector.
How you’ll be taught
You will learn by a variety of teaching methods including lectures, tutorials, visits to employers, and independent study.
Career counselling skills are developed via individual coaching with an experienced careers adviser.
- Career Adviser
- Guidance Practitioner
- Skills Development Scotland
- University Careers Services
- Community agencies promoting employability for disadvantaged groups
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Career Counselling, Coaching and Development
- Career Counselling, Coaching and Development
- Career Development Theory
- Contemporary Guidance Practice
- Education and Labour Markets
- Policy and contexts for practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Policy School Counselling View 101 other Masters in School Counselling in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in any discipline in order to be eligible for the programme.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient relevant work experience within the industry.
- Applicants who meet the minimum entry criteria will be interviewed for this programme.
- All successful applicants must complete a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or police check.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14337 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14337 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6120 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.