The Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) encompasses areas such as child protection, cross-cultural and Indigenous studies, ethics, human rights, law, mental health, social policy, and in-depth study of social work methods and theories. You'll learn about people, communities, groups and social structures and how to think, communicate and respond to need and opportunity.
Charles Sturt University's Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) has full Australian Association of Social Workers accreditation, meaning your qualification is recognised throughout Australia. As a graduate, you'll also be eligible for membership of the International Federation of Social Workers.
Charles Sturt University is a leading provider of social work education in Australia with more than 27 years' experience delivering social work programs. You'll develop strong practical skills and hands-on learning through 1000 hours of supported workplace learning, offering unique opportunities to observe, question and model social work behaviour. If you choose, you can broaden your horizons by embarking on a two-week social work tour in a country such as India, China or Indonesia.
Whether you're undertaking online study full-time or part-time, you can be assured of quality learning support and personal contact from dedicated staff who have extensive industry experience and are leaders in their profession. Charles Sturt University's award-winning academics have contributed to the development of social work education in Australia and are continuously engaged in extensive education-based research to inform Charles Sturt University's field education and international programs.
The Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) opens up the potential to pursue a diverse range of roles. You could work in counselling, case management, social administration and policy formation, social action and program planning, family work and rehabilitation, health, community services and corrections, disability advocacy, legal aid or research.
If you're already employed in the human services sector, upgrading your qualifications can provide new opportunities to advance your career. While Charles Sturt University social work graduates can travel the world and work anywhere, they are often found at the heart of communities in rural and regional areas.
- Social Work and Human Rights
- Social Work Theory and Practice
- Social Work Theory and Practice - Micro Practice
- Social Work Theory and Practice - Mezzo Level Practice
- Social Work Theory and Practice - Macro Practice and Professional Identity
- Social Work Fields of Practice - Mandated Practice
- Law for the Human Services
- Social Work and Social Policy Practice
- Ethics and Social Work Practice
- Human Services Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 26 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Charles Sturt University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Successful completion of a relevant three-year AQF Level 7 degree course that contains at least one year, or the equivalent, of full-time studies in the social and behavioural sciences, including content in each of the following areas:
- Communication for human services/critical thinking;
- Human development or life span psychology; and
- Sociology/social theory.
The full year of pre-requisite study and/or specified content must be completed prior to commencing study. Where prerequisite study has not been met, it can be completed:
- by single subject studies; and/or
- through the Graduate Certificate in Human Services, for students who are assessed as having already completed six months/four subjects of relevant content; and/or
- as part of another qualification at undergraduate or postgraduate level
International26800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic Commonwealth: $8,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.