The Clinical Microbiology degree at the Glasgow Caledonian University will give you the expertise you need to help conquer these challenges – building knowledge, advancing cures and contributing to the common good.
The curriculum takes a scientific approach to the field of clinical microbiology, keeping it career-focused with an emphasis on research and development.
- Explore principles and practice of bacteriology, virology, parasitology and mycology
- Examine the disease process: transmission of pathogens, diagnosis and treatment
- Study the prevention of infectious disease
The programme brings together lectures, seminars and practical laboratory classes, ensuring you’ll acquire both cutting-edge theoretical knowledge and hands-on practical skills. You’ll keep pace with the latest advances in microbiology – including the big breakthroughs happening now in the top microbiology labs across the world.
Finally, you’ll undertake a laboratory-based research project with real-world impact, practising the skills required of a successful independent researcher in clinical microbiology.
Through GCU’s MSc Clinical Microbiology, you will acquire the skills necessary for success in this highly competitive and important field.
With an understanding of this fast-changing sector and in-demand lab experience, our graduates make competitive candidates for jobs in health, medicine and life sciences, and in university and industry research departments. You’ll also be well prepared to pursue further study at the PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- (Re)Emerging Infectious Disease
- Microbial Pathogenicity
- Medical Microbiology
- Skills for Professional Practice for Biosciences
- Applied Molecular Microbiology
- Microbial Genetics
- Case Studies in Infectious Diseases
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences View 1348 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- UK Honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent) in microbiology, biological science or a related subject.
- Each application to GCU is considered on an individual basis. If you do not have the typical academic entry qualifications, but can demonstrate relevant work experience and/or credits from recognised professional bodies, you may be eligible to enter this course via the University's Recognition of Prior Learning scheme.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
We provide high-quality education for a fair price; as the University for the Common Good, we are committed to offering accessible higher education for talented students by keeping our tuition fees low and providing a generous scholarship package of over £2.5 million per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.