The Advanced Internetwork Engineering programme from Glasgow Caledonian University offers a structured, supported path so you can develop expert-level network engineering skills and achieve CCIE certification. With this elite credential, you'll be a competitive candidate for senior-level and leadership roles in network engineering.
We partnered with Internetwork Expert Inc. (INE), the leaders in CCIE preparation, to develop this programme. Students learn with INE's CCIE Routing and Switching Workbook and remote rack management systems, the global gold-standard in CCIE prep materials.
Lectures and labs bring together theory and practice, integrating hands-on demonstrations and experiential learning using live equipment. With GCU's career-focused atmosphere and supportive environment, you'll have an ideal opportunity to build valuable skills.
- Develop your ability to complete increasingly complex networking challenges
- Master the workings of networking technologies at an expert level
- Practise taking on the large-scale, full-day scenarios you'll encounter in the CCIE lab exam
With its focus on real-world relevance and skills you can use in your career today, this programme supports GCU's broader mission of producing graduates who are both successful and socially driven. We encourage graduates to harness their abilities to make real change and support the common good. We hope you'll find new ways to excel in your field - and new ways to make a positive impact in your workplace and your community.
Graduates of GCU's MSc Advanced Internetwork Engineering programme develop the technical, commercial and presentation skills needed for a successful senior-level career in the networking industry. You'll find opportunities in network engineering, network consultancy design and network operations centres.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Infrastructure Services
- Integrating Network Technologies
- Layer Technologies
- Masters Project
- Multicast and WAN Technologies
- Research and Project Methods
- Security and VPN Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.
- UK honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent) in a computing or network-related discipline with second-class networking modules at year three and above. Industry experience or certification (for example, CCNA) will be considered for those with non-relevant degrees.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- RUK: £7,000
Part-time per 15 credit module:
- Home £700
- RUK £700
- EU and International £1,300
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.