Why choose this course?
- Study important topics facing society such as obesity, lifestyle and stress, and examine them from the viewpoint of staff currently researching these topics
- Explore the explicit links between scientific theory and practice by showing how a critical understanding of theory may guide the collection and interpretation of empirical data within a given context
- Develop a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current problems, and acquire new insights into the theory and practice of health psychology
- Health Psychology degree offered at the University of Bedfordshire will help you gain a high level of knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods that will allow you to perform complex data analysis, interpretation, evaluation and synthesis, and develop your competence in a range of techniques including multivariate analyses
- Benefit from the development of a strong sense of personal responsibility and professionalism that will enable you to practise or conduct research within ethical guidelines.
How will this course enhance my career prospects?The success of our MSc programme is represented in the successful careers of our previous students.In previous years, a number of students have gained PhDs. Others have entered jobs that include: smoking cessation co-ordinator for an NHS Primary Care Trust (PCT), Shared Care support worker, Research Assistant in the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), Health Psychologist in Specialist Obesity Services, Lecturer in Health Psychology, Academic Researcher, Assistant working in the Clinical Health Psychology Unit of a General Hospital, Psychological Well-being Worker.
- Advanced Research Methods For Health Psychologists
- Dissertation (Health Psychology)
- Lifestyle And Individual Differences
- Mechanisms Of Health And Disease
- Perceptions And Actions
- Professional Skills For Health Psychologists
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1817 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
A completed application form signed by you (an electronic signature is fine)
- Copies of your official academic qualifications and certificates, including proof of your level of English Language
- A one-page personal statement. This should tell us why you want to study your chosen course.
- A copy of your current valid passport details
- Please submit copies of any UK Visa that you have held and any documentation relating to previous visa refusals from any country
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- For EU students the standard fee is £8,250 .
Living costs for Luton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.