WSU has one of the largest and highly ranked groups of power engineering faculty in the US and includes recognized experts in all areas of power engineering. They are extensively experienced, widely published and have received many significant honors for their work. Given this, their services have been in demand by public and private electric utilities, the industry that supports these utilities and government agencies.
Graduates of the Electric Power Engineering PSM program at Washington State University who are already employed in the electric power industry are expected to become more valuable to their companies. Others are expected to be in demand by electric utilities, supporting industries and government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
All graduates will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the design of the electric power generation and transmission system to include the ability to: analytically describe generators of electric power, apply theoretical principles to the design of transmission lines, and analyze the performance of transmission lines.
- Show an understanding of the analysis and operation of the electric power transmission system to include the ability to: analyze the performance of power systems under normal operation, describe the principles of operating power systems, and analyze the performance of power systems under abnormal operation.
- Show an deeper understanding of one or more areas of electric power engineering. These options include: power electronics, renewable energy, power systems protection, high voltage engineering, power system operations, power system stability and control, and power system communication.
- Show an understanding of the intersection between the technical and business aspects of electric power engineering to include the ability to: describe economic constraints on electric power operation and describe the operation of electric power markets.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fall July 1st
- Spring November 1st
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 140 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prospective international students must have the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Usually, this is a minimum of four years of study beyond grade 12.
- A grade point average equivalent to a U.S. grade of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National13533 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13533 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State6308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6308 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.