The energy efficiency bias of this Master Engineering Sciences - Energy Efficiency and Economics from the University of Luxembourg makes it ideal for bachelor’s graduates in engineering wishing to acquire deeper knowledge in the thermodynamics, mathematics and modern technologies needed to assess energy-related issues.
- Prove mastery of energy efficiency for different building categories (e.g. detached houses, apartments, schools, offices).
- Prove mastery of energy efficiency for some industrial processes like steel-making and thermodynamic cycle processes including electricity production.
- Analyze energetic solutions financially by means of classical business administration: invest, return, net present value.
- Be familiar with the European assessment Policy in energetic questions.
- Prove mastery of the relevant design methods of large solar thermal systems and apply them to energy engineering.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of modern monitoring systems to optimize complex plants even from distance.
Engineers with expertise in energy efficiency work in private sector as well as central and local government managerial positions involving energy and environmental issues, research and teaching, energy and environmental consultancies.
The student can also continue his or her career with PhD-research at a university.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Energetics of the blast furnace
- Urban planning and certification
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Energy & Power Engineering
- This study programme is committed to excellence. It runs consecutively to the University’s Bachelor’s in Engineering (professional) of the Energy and Environment Sector. Direct admission from this bachelor’s is possible based on good results without any supplemental conditions.
- D photo;
- Copy of ID or passport;
- Copy (both sides) of social security card and validity date;
- Copy of University diploma(s) including grading (and official translation if other languages than French, German or English);
- Letter of motivation;
- Detailed CV;
- Letters of recommendation can be added as an option.
International Applies to youFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA Applies to youFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.