The Infection Biology programme of University of Lübeck provides an interdisciplinary university education in infection biology. It addresses graduates in life science, biology and related disciplines as well as human and veterinary medicine. Courses will be held in English.
The master in infection biology prepares for a career in science but also offers the possibility to enter clinical and pharmaceutical research and development, university teaching and education as well as training of technical staff.
Graduates are also prepared for applied areas such as diagnostics, surveillance and epidemiology of infectious diseases as well as health care policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Aspects of Infection
- Diagnostical Methods in Microbiology and Pathology
- Infection Biology
- Structural Biology of Infection
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Single Molecule Methods
- Microscopy: Techniques and Applications
- Bachelor in biology, biochemistry, molecular life sciences or a 2nd state exam in human or veterinary medicine
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3
- Your CV
- A letter of motivation
- Officially certified true copies of your transcript of records (Abitur, University Entrance Certificate), including the associated list of individual grades (if applicable, include an officially certified translation of your records into English or German)
- Officially certified true copies of any other university certificates or aptitude tests you may have, along with associated lists of individual grades by semester or year or diploma supplement
- Your bachelor’s thesis (in German or English) OR a three-page summary of the thesis
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Semester fee: 257 EUR
Living costs for Lübeck
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.