You'll learn the techniques and methodologies you need to take decisions, or to provide the necessary information for others to take policy decisions. This MSc course has been running successfully since 1970. The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). This course is also approved by the TPP Professional Standards Committee as meeting the educational requirements for the Transport Planning Professional (TPP) qualification.
Students on this Transport Planning and Management degree offered at the University of Westminster will develop a critical, in-depth understanding of key transport issues, along with the technical knowledge, expertise, and transferable skills they'll need to progress in their careers within the sector. Graduates from this course have progressed to senior levels in management and policy-making, within transport operators, public bodies, consultancy companies and non-governmental organisations. Some regularly return to the University to give guest lectures and/or to attend our alumni events.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transport Policy and Politics
- Transport Economics
- Analysing Transport Data
- Airline and Airport Management
- Land Use, Planning and Transport
- Streets, Places and Active Transport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement Studies Transport Management View 1555 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Westminster and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a relevant subject area. Any relevant transport experience would further enhance your application. Part-time students should normally be employed within a relevant sector of transport for the duration of the course.
- If your first language is not English you should have an IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in writing.
- Applicants are required to submit one academic reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part time: UK tuition fee: £950 per 20-credits
- International tuition fee: £1600 per 20-credits
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.