The MSc Transport Planning and Management degree offered at the University of Westminster has been running successfully for many years, and is offered by the Department of Planning and Transport. The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), and graduates are exempt from the Institute's exams. The Course also forms part of the pathway to the Transport Planning Professional (TPP) qualification.
The course will enable you to understand the causes and motivations of personal travel and goods movement; to analyse transport problems and develop, and implement policies and measures for resolving such problems; to evaluate transport projects, plans and policies, taking into account the need for stakeholder participation and recognising the political, social, health, environmental and economic issues involved.
The MSc course balances theoretical and practical applications in the three separate components: core modules, option modules and a research dissertation.
Transport Planning and Management MSc is the right choice if you see your future work in transport planning as part of the design of sustainable cities.
Graduate students have been very successful in gaining subsequent employment with the following organisations:
- transport operators
- local and central governments
- international funding institutions
- third sector and lobby groups
- public and private utility companies
- teaching and research
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Dissertation
- Statistics and Survey Methods for Transport
- Transport Economics
- Transport Policy and Politics
- Air Travel Management
- Environmental Policy, Assessment and Climate Change
- Freight Transport and Logistics Services
- Land Use, Planning and Transport
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Transport Management View 1381 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2) in a relevant subject area. Any relevant transport experience would further enhance your application.
- Part-time students should normally be employed within a relevant sector of transport for the duration of the course.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.