The MA in Strategic Communications program at the National University fosters strategic thinking, logical analysis, and solution generation. Upon completion of the degree, graduates will have the skills to develop and implement communications initiatives using both traditional and emerging channels such as social networks, blogs, podcasts, and mobile media.
Graduates will acquire an array of intellectual, managerial, and communication skills and competencies, including: an understanding of communications opportunities; the ability to carry out analyses of organizational communications needs; the knowledge to conduct audience analysis, as well as formative and evaluative research; the training to develop, implement, and evaluate appropriate strategies and tactics to reach multiple publics; and professional-level writing and presentation skills.
At the completion of the Master of Arts in Strategic Communications, graduates will emerge with a deep understanding of the theories of communication and persuasion, an ability to lead and participate in the team development of organizational communication strategies, and the practical skills to plan, produce, and evaluate strategic communications programs and campaigns.
This degree requires that students be able to write in English at an advanced level. If writing skills need improvement, the student may be required to enroll in a writing course before continuing in the program. Applicants for whom English is a second language are encouraged to take the Accuplacer English as a Second Language Placement Test.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Produce multi-public, multi-channel communication campaign planning documents.
- Manage communication campaigns by producing budgets, task lists, and schedules.
- Apply formative research to develop communication campaigns and messages.
- Create persuasive campaigns that meet professional ethical standards.
- Evaluate communication campaigns by conducting summative research.
- Deliver professional communication presentations online.
- Demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills by participating in group tasks and presentations as leader and team member.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emerging Interactive Media
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Research Methods
- Crisis Communications
- Campaign & Program Management
- Campaign & Program Evaluation
- Legal and Ethical Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Online intakes: Mar / Oct
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Strategic Management View 449 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15912 USD per year during 12 months.
National15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15912 USD per year during 12 months.
- Tuition per course - $1,989
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.