In the Master of Arts in Performance Psychology at the National University , you’ll explore the intersection of performance with psychology using research into techniques, counseling, peak performance, and sport science. The performance psychology graduate program’s coursework will contribute to your academic requirements to seek certification by the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP). The practical and tailored hands-on learning experiences will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge to settings including university and professional athletics, fine arts performances, corporate settings, children in school and community sports organizations, coaching, and teaching.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the means by which psychological factors influence performance and related empirical and theoretical research.
- Apply theoretically sound performance enhancement assessments and techniques with individual performers and teams representing various competitive arenas.
- Integrate theoretical perspectives from counseling and sport psychology and related fields into performance settings.
- Apply counseling skills to working relationships with clients and athletes.
- Apply ethical principles in a professional and culturally appropriate manner.
Earning a degree in psychology is a great foundation to a fulfilling career in many areas. Find out how with the new guide, Psychology: A Degree that Opens Doors. In the guide you’ll find answers to questions like these:
- What is the job outlook in the field of psychology, and why?
- How can an education in psychology be useful in other careers?
- Who hires people with degrees in psychology?
- What are some of the career opportunities for psychology graduates?
If psychology is a field you’d like to pursue, National University has the programs you need to reach your education goals in exciting and emerging specialties like performance and sport psychology, marriage and family counseling, educational counseling, organizational behavior and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sport/Performance Psychology
- Organizational Behavior
- Stages of Adult Development
- Performance Consulting Skills
- Behavioral Research
- Theories of Behavior Change
- Motor Behavior
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Online intakes: Monthly
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 41 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
National1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.