Performance Psychology Program at the National University Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the means by which psychological factors influence performance.
- Analyze empirical and theoretical research related to the major.
- Apply theoretically sound performance enhancement assessments and techniques with individual performers and teams representing various competitive arenas.
- Integrate theoretical perspectives from counseling and sport psychology and related fields into performance settings.
- Apply counseling skills to working relationships with clients and athletes.
- Apply ethical principles in a professional and culturally appropriate manner.
- You’ll explore the intersection of performance with psychology using research into techniques, counseling, peak performance, and sport science.
- The performance psychology graduate program’s coursework will contribute to your academic requirements to seek certification by the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP).
- The practical and tailored hands-on learning experiences will give you the opportunity to apply your knowledge to settings including university and professional athletics, fine arts performances, corporate settings, children in school and community sports organizations, coaching, and teaching.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology View 907 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
International430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Cost per Quarter Unit - $430
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.