Gerontology Program at the National University Learning Outcomes
- Design and implement strengths-based strategies to address the challenges and opportunities facing societies and families as members age
- Develop strategies for working with older adults that take into consideration age-related physical, cognitive, and emotional changes
- Solve problems facing older individuals or organizations serving them using knowledge of assessment and evidence-based practice, as well as an understanding of relevant legal and ethical issues
- Examine their own presumptions and biases about older adults and develop a deep appreciation for the paradoxes inherent in the aging process
- Use contemporary modes of information technology and communications media in case management, program assessment, and advocacy
- Advocate for public policies that improve the health and well-being of older adults and their families
- Conduct applied research that addresses challenges or opportunities for older adults and their communities
- Coursework in the Master of Arts in Gerontology program can be tailored for those currently providing or those who plan to provide direct services to older adults, those whose practice and/or scholarly work will focus on older adults or on issues relating to aging, and those whose work for public and/or private organizations will address the needs and concerns of older adults.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1066 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
International430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
cost per quarter unit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.