Why to study
As part of your MA in Film Studies coursework at the National University, you’ll explore and learn to recognize works by both renowned and obscure American and international directors.
- You’ll learn the critical vocabulary, tools, and research techniques to speak and write knowledgeably about both contemporary and historical cinematography.
- You’ll also develop an aesthetic appreciation of cinema and learn to evaluate film theory, aesthetics, and history.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 215 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
International430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Cost per Quarter Unit - $430
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.