Career Guidance and Development degree offered at the University of the West of Scotland will support you develop professional practice competence in working with individuals and groups, to undertake critical analysis of professional practice, while deepening your knowledge of the career development sector and developing your research skills. As a practitioner you will provide accurate and relevant advice on employment, education and training opportunities to an ever-widening client group.
The MSc is a vocational programme aimed at providing the knowledge, skills and attributes required for employment as a career guidance and development professional. The programme has been identified by the Scottish Government and the national skills body, Skills Development Scotland (SDS), as the 'core' qualification for career guidance and development professionals in Scotland. However, the MSc is recognised throughout the UK and is considered to be a 'flagship course' by the UK-wide professional body, the CDI. It is currently the largest programme of its kind in the UK.
The Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) in Career Guidance & Development incorporates the Qualification in Career Development (QCD) accredited by the Career Development Institute (CDI).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice (CGD)
- Advanced Practice (CGD)
- The Contemporary Labour Market (CGD)
- Career Related Policy
- Career Development Theory
- 8 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 13 other Masters in Counselling in United Kingdom
- You are normally expected to hold an undergraduate degree, or equivalent qualification, in any subject.
- If you do not possess the qualifications above then you may still be considered. For example, you may have completed a workplace qualification such as an S/NVQ in Advice and Guidance. In all cases you should be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, experience and maturity, and satisfy the University that you have the potential to reach the academic standards required of a course at postgraduate level by holding at least an HNC in Social Sciences, Career Guidance or an equivalent qualification.
International12600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12600 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA4740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4740 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
Fees for 6 modules
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.