A variety of external organizations are involved in our work-based learning at Contemporary Drug and Alcohol Studies offered at the University of the West of Scotland, including:
- Community groups
- Health related alcohol and drug services
Experiential learning is an important feature of our course, allowing you to apply elements of class-based learning to the work place. If you are keen to pursue a career in research or doctoral study, you may opt to participate in a research work-based learning experience.
If you are already employed in services our course provides specialist knowledge of theory and contemporary evidence-based developments in the field and is useful for career advancement and continuing professional development.
- Contemporary Responses to Substance Use
- Understanding Substance Use
- Drugs & Culture
- The Politics of Drug and Alcohol Policy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International- The latest we can process your application is 6 weeks before the course start date
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- You are required to hold an upper second class honours degree in social science or equivalent (2:1 or above).
- In particular circumstances you can use evidence of relevant professional experience to support your application. You must demonstrate - via portfolio, extended written application letter, and if deemed necessary by the course leader, an entrance interview – that you have sufficient professional or practise-based experience to undertake your studies.
International13325 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13325 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10765 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10765 GBP per year during 12 months.
For Scottish students, cost of Study is £5,570.
Living costs for Paisley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.