Professional Screenwriting Program at the National University Learning Outcomes
- Differentiate critical points of view in the analyses and interpretation of films, television shows, screenplays and other entertainment content.
- Using films, television programs and transmedia IP’s analyze the principles of writing in these varied media.
- Demonstrate critical reflection and viewpoint in evaluating the work of peers and others.
- Generate original and/or adapted narrative screenplays, TV Scripts or transmedia IP’s employing the principles of these respective disciplines through various stages from introductory level to mastery.
- Articulate a critical understanding of self in relation to creativity and the influence of cultural and societal issues.
- Analyze and/or design and generate a marketing plan/pitch using the principles of entertainment industry marketing.
- Collaborate with others in achieving writing and/or pitching goals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The MFA Screenwriting online and LA-based program prepares you to work in fields like commercial, industrial or independent film, TV and transmedia writing or development, digital entertainment media and communication, and educational or instructional media programs.
- You’ll complete the program with a minimum of two feature-length screenplays, teleplays or transmedia projects, along with a compelling aesthetic statement and a marketing plan and pitch.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
You don’t have to wait until next year or even next semester to enroll in classes. At National University, you can start earning your degree next month.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 273 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
International430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
Cost per Quarter Unit - $430
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.