Accredited by globally-renowned professional bodies RICS, CIOB and CABE, this programme is designed to enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Construction and Real Estate to obtain an accredited degree covering the core technical disciplines of the quantity surveying specialism and their role within the wider context of Built Environment professional disciplines.
This programme will give you an informed view of the key areas of knowledge required to develop your quantity surveying skills including cost management, contract practice and procedures, procurement and building economics. There is also a research project which will provide an in-depth assessment of a topic of your choice.
Our MSc Quantity Surveying at University College of Estate Management is a fully supported online programme that offers great flexibility for you to earn while you learn and study where ever you are based in the world. Many of our students already work in, or are associated with, the property and building sectors.
Why study this programme?
This is one of a suite of MSc conversion programmes that enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Real Estate and Construction to obtain an RICS/CIOB accredited degree, giving access to professional membership.
- Study an RICS accredited programme whilst working towards your APC (for those in relevant employment)
- Allows entry to CIOB Chartered membership
- Allows entry to CABE Chartered membership
- Allows entry to ICES Chartered membership
- Allows entry to HKICM membership
- Enrich your CV with MSc designatory letters
- Build your career by specialising in quantity surveying and contract cost management
This programme is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE),Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers (HKICM) and Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Sustainable & Innovative Construction
- Contract Administration & Practice
- Professional Cost Management
- Management of Construction
- Law for Surveyors
- Building Economics
- Procurement & Tendering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2) and three years’ experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, plus experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus 5 years’ relevant experience
- A professional qualification plus 5 years’ relevant experience, two of which should be at appropriate senior management level.
International4700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National4700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.