On this MSc International Finance and Banking degree course at University of Portsmouth , you'll focus on multinational corporate finance and international banking. You'll learn about international money and financial markets, theory and practice of corporate financial management, and analyse real-time financial market data movements on our Bloomberg terminals.
When you graduate, you'll be able to take on roles in corporate finance, and corporate financial services in banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn from experts in the sector, with research and consultancy experience, and links in the industry
- Study econometrics, multinational corporate financial management, international banking and money markets
- Use our Bloomberg suite to analyse real-time financial market data and make virtual trades
- Access our extensive financial databases including Bloomberg, DataStream and Bank Scope, along with excellent library facilities and 24-hour internet access
- Complete an independent research project which showcases your skills and knowledge in the field
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll understand the complexities of modern financial markets and be in a strong position to pursue a career within the finance and industrial sectors, including investment analysis, securities trading, banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
Career opportunities include:
- commercial finance analyst
- bid pricing executive
- finance internship
- graduate econometrician
- hedge fund manager
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance: Technical Foundations
- Econometric Modelling
- Financial Econometrics
- Foreign Exchange Market Analysis
- International Banking, Financial Markets And Monetary Policy
- International Banking: Efficiency, Competition And Regulation
- International Money And Capital Markets
- Multinational Corporate Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 506 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant or related subject, which includes some element of statistics or quantitative methods, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.