Digital Cinema Production Program at the National University Learning Outcomes
- Critique the creative works of others using relevant critical models and professional vocabulary
- Evaluate professional and theoretical issues and processes pertaining to movies and aspects of digital filmmaking based on recognized industry models and standards
- Incorporate research from primary and secondary sources into sustained analyses and interpretations of screenplays, films and television programs
- Generate an original narrative screenplay that incorporates standard industry format, dramatic narrative elements in a coherent plot structure
- Create an original short fiction or non-fiction narrative film with a coherent structure and compelling storyline that engages and sustains the interest of a discriminating audience
- Generate the standard industry documentation required to effectively communicate and collaborate with a production team during the development, production, editing and distribution of a professional motion picture
- Generate original digital motion picture sequences using current cinematic theory and techniques to support the thematic concepts and story objectives of a script
- Construct digital motion picture sequences using current film and sound editing techniques and theory that engage and sustain the interest of a discriminating audience
- Implement film industry production and post-production workflow processes to capture, edit, finish and export digital video assets to appropriate distribution media
- Create an original short motion picture based on an original concept with a coherent storyline that is significant and complex enough to engage and sustain the interest of a discriminating audience and is suitable for distribution or submission to a film festival
More informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll blend Hollywood and independent film traditions with hands-on experience in the professional film production disciplines.
- Because the film production coursework is presented in an online/hybrid format, the program allows students living outside the major media markets the chance to study film production with film industry professionals both online and onsite during the digital cinema production residency in Los Angeles.
- During the MFA in Film Production program you will produce several short digital film projects and a thesis film, and upon graduation you will be prepared to produce your own professional media projects and teach in film and media arts programs at the college and university level.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 214 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status.
- Complete an application for admission and enrollment agreement.
International430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 430 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
cost per quarter unit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.