This professional Master of Healthcare Administration at the National University is designed to provide skills and knowledge in the practice of healthcare administration and management and to prepare you for entry-level and middle-management roles in healthcare organizations. Special attention is given to the social side of the profession and its unique people-dependent focus. You’ll find this is a degree with smarts and heart.
The program explores the organization and the financing and delivery of services to prevent and treat illness and disease. The program includes programs that serve the public and private sectors at all levels — local, state, and federal. You’ll learn from faculty members who are united by a common commitment to solving problems and developing innovations related to the access, cost, and quality of healthcare.
You’ll increase your chances for professional growth and job placement through carefully planned internships and a capstone experience, plus gain practical experience in project management, teamwork, and leadership. If you are looking for career advancement from middle to upper middle management, or to transition into healthcare administration from other professions, this degree will expand your options.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Solve complex problems in a healthcare environment by employing analytical skills.
- Establish strategic priorities of a healthcare organization in line with the needs and values of the community it serves.
- Conduct financial analysis, explain financial and accounting information, and make long-term investment decisions for a healthcare organization.
- Utilize administrative and clinical information technology and decision-support tools in process and performance improvement.
- Incorporate the principles of quality management for improving outcomes in healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate the ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the healthcare industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- U.S. Healthcare System
- Health Policy
- Health Organization Management
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Quality Appraisal & Evaluation
- Health Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Online intakes: Monthly
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 298 other Masters in Health Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
National1989 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1989 USD per module during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.