The Sociology and Social Research (Double degree) program offered by Tilburg University is a broad, international oriented program that can lead to employment in a wide range of fields and jobs in Europe and beyond.
- Work in fields such as labor and employment, culture, welfare, recreation, education, or health care.
- Wide range of employers, ranging from government institutions to private companies and research agencies.
- Interested in business, marketing or journalism? The Guardian states that Sociology gives you a head-start, listing a range of specific abilities and skills associated with a degree in sociology, including “ability to judge and evaluate evidence; understanding the complexity and diversity of situations(…); collecting information; making reasoned and logical arguments.”
Graduates started, for example, at:
- European Commission
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment (Netherlands)
- Ultimate international experience by studying in Italy for a year.
- Get two full Master’s degrees in Sociology from two outstanding academic institutions.
- The degree of the University of Trento focuses on political research, social policy and qualitative research.
- The degree of Tilburg University focuses on translating societal problems into sociological research from both micro (family, social networks, crime) and macro perspectives (welfare state, solidarity) to evaluate current policy with and derive new policies from.
- Expand your knowledge and practical skills even further with a traineeship:
- The Extended Master provides you with a one-year traineeship position and adds one semester to the total program. Enhance your skills and gain relevant work experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master Seminar Sociology: From Theory to Research
- Social Policy and Social Risks
- Social Capital: Networks, Resources and Attitudes
- The Social Structure of Western Societies
- Populism in Comparative Perspective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesSociology Educational Research View 18 other Masters in Educational Research in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You cannot be accepted onto this Master's program without having either a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field. However, work experience and personal interest will be taken into account when assessing your application for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, if you wish to apply.
- Sufficiently conversant in the social sciences e.g. knowledge of and practice in the application of (key) questions of sociology and of classical and modern sociological theories; basic knowledge of other social sciences e.g. psychology and economics.
- You need to demonstrate proficiency in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of partner universities of the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.