Tomorrow’s media applications should surpass the gadget level and truly contribute to solving today’s societal problems. The New Media Design program offered at Tilburg University focuses on how, when, why, and with what effects individuals consume, create, and design content in today’s fast developing new media environment.
Program and courses
In the New Media Design track of the MSc Communication and Information Sciences you become an expert in online content strategy, evaluation, production and design.
- Understand to what extent organizations and governments can tap into information created by individuals, such as blog posts, or health data from smartwatches.
- Learn how people will assess what information is relevant and trustworthy, and how to design and evaluate new media content to have the desired effects on the receiver's attitudes and behaviors.
- Connect theory with practice in case-based projects and gain practical skills, such as: interaction design, concepting and storyboarding and graphical design.
New Media Design graduates can advise and design cross-media campaigns. You are able to assist organizations throughout the entire process, from strategy and design to evaluation. Apply your knowledge in the fields of social media, communication, marketing, education and IT:
- Develop New media for improving environmental/sustainable behavior of consumers and companies;
- Develop and evaluate eLearning products;
- Create persuasive applications to stimulate healthy behavior by targeting psychological factors contributing to behavior change.
As a graduate you can work or start for example as:
- Creative content designer
- User experience or interaction designer
- Digital innovation consultant
- UX design researcher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creativity and Innovation
- Human Media Interaction Theory
- Interactive Storytelling
- User Experience Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Usability and User Experience Evaluation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Informatics & Information Technology Media Management View 32 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as general Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
- You need to demonstrate proficiency in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14900 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2205 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2205 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of partner universities of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.