The Engineering Physics programme at the Politecnico Di Milano has three possible finalizations: Nano-optics and Photonics; Nano and Physical Technologies; Semiconductor nanotechnologies.
A Physical Engineer is able to “produce” innovation both in the industrial environment as well as in basic research.
He is highly competitive in the global market, with particular reference to the sectors where solid-state physics, optics, photonics and nanotechnologies are developed and routinely employed.
More specifically, the Physical Engineer can approach all the industries and research labs based on advanced technologies, which may include material science, lasers, photonics devices, biomedical optics, etc.
The graduate in Engineering Physics can approach and find employment opportunities in all the sectors in which high tech systems are designed and developed, such as laser manufacturers or system integrators based on photonics devices, industries working on new materials, vacuum technologies or biomedical devices, just to mention few examples.
The Physical Engineer can therefore find employment in companies operating in material science and optical technologies. Moreover, the graduates in Engineering Physics can work in strategic consultancy companies or can continue their Academic Education with a PhD Program toward a professional career in academic or industrial research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Micro and Nano Optics
- Physics and Applications of Ultrafast Processe
- Physics of Low Dimensional Systems
- Physics of Semiconductor Nanostructures
- Magnetism Superconductivityand Spintronics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 14 other Masters in Physics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering Physics, in Industrial Engineering or Information Engineering is required for application. The Committee will evaluate students with a different background case by case.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.