The Mathematical Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano combines a solid background in basic science with a sound knowledge of modern methods and technologies, with a persistent synergy between applied mathematics and engineering.
When applying, the prospective student has to choose one out of the following three tracks: Computational Science and Engineering; Applied Statistics; Quantitative Finance.
The professional opportunities opened by this programme are rather various and widespread: R&D divisions in manufacturing or engineering companies that deal with complex computational problems or that anyway need advanced mathematical tools; banks, insurance companies and financial institutions making use of quantitative finance for risk analysis or forecast; companies that require statistical interpretation and processing of complex data, or scenario simulation; public and private research institutes and laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical and functional analysis
- Partial differential equations and their numerical treatment
- Fluid mechanics and computational fluid dynamics
- Algorithms and scientific computing
- Stochastic processes
- Applied statistics
- Financial engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics General Engineering & Technology View 56 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mathematical Engineering or in a related area, with a solid background in the core disciplines: applied mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA895 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 895 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- Tuition fees for Non-EEA students correspond automatically to the full contribution of 3898,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.