The mission of this Environmental and Land Planning Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is to educate engineers who can design infrastructures and plan human development while balancing environmental health and the society’s need for better living conditions.
Technical and scientific education is thus devoted, through specialized courses and laboratories, to the development, design and evaluation of proper management and intervention strategies, as well as individual measures, in the following general fields of interest: planning and design of strategies and infrastructures for land protection and prevention from natural risks damage and related anthropogenic forcings; management of complex environmental systems and of information systems for land management and resource planning; design and evaluation of engineering processes and technologies for environmental quality reclamation and maintenance, for treatment and resource recovery from liquid, solid and gaseous emissions and for soil remediation; design and data management of systems and components for environmental and land resources measurement, diagnosis and control.
The programme provides a full track in English (Environmental Engineering for Sustainability), which offers a panoply of specialized courses and laboratories addressing all the environmental components, air, water, soil and the biota, and the impacts due to natural hazards and to human activities, as well as their mitigation:
The main employment opportunities are in engineering companies, consultancy studios and land and environmental service enterprises; engineering firms for design and construction of plants for water and air emissions treatment, energy generation and waste disposal; companies for producing and managing environmental instrumentation, remote sensors and environmental monitoring systems and networks; firms operating in the construction and maintenance works and interventions for groundwater protection and purification; authorities and agencies for land, environmental, geological and energy resource planning and control, as well as in national and regional technical and cartography services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Seismology And Slope Stability
- Green Chemistry
- Ecology, Natural Resources Management
- River Engineering And Groundwater Hydraulics
- Air And Water Treatment
- Solid Waste Management
- Water And Food Security
- Environmental Systems Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management View 8 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or in a related field.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.