The polytechnic education is derived from the Italian design culture, a synthesis of craft and of profession, of experimentation and of multidisciplinary knowledge.
Students at Design for the Fashion System programme at the Politecnico Di Milano carry out practical manual work at our labs and work out projects by means of a versatile design method, thus combining the craft traditions of Italian fashion with the new digital technologies.
They attend workshops in cooperation with leading fashion companies and at the same time they deepen their knowledge on the research on new materials. In a complete and exciting educational path, one can tailor one’s studies in different fields, such as apparel, jewelry, accessory, knitwear, sportswear or further analysis of the distribution process, of retail and of visual merchandising.
The Fashion Design degree programme aims at providing the knowledge and the skills required by the labor market in order to encourage the placement of its graduate students in the fashion industry.
To this end, theoretical knowledge goes hand in hand with practical skills, tailoring work is combined with technology, craft traditions with digital innovation, in a skillful mix that allows the student to find work from the many professions of fashion.
The collaboration established with leading companies – such as Armani, Missoni, Valentino, Stone Island, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brioni, Valextra, Serapian, Samsonite, Decathlon, Alcantara, Vhernier, Roberto Coin, Bulgari, De Beers, Intimissimi, Yamamay - allows a constant exchange of knowledge and makes of Politecnico the school of reference for the fashion industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Integration among technologies
- Materials and modelling
- Courses on sales and distribution
- Such as retail and visual merchandising
- Communication and graphics: Fashion Design Studio
- Retail and Merchandising Design Studio
- Communication for Fashion
- Trend Forecasting for Fashion
- Fashion Materials and Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesDesign Fashion Design View 22 other Masters in Fashion Design in Italy
- Candidates should have a Bachelor in Design or other equivalent degree and a portfolio of their works.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.