Students in the Civil Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano can choose their field of specialization in one of the following areas: Earthquake Engineering, Geotechnics, Hydraulics, Transportation infrastructures, Structures.
Suggested study plans help students define their curriculum.
Engineers having obtained the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) degree can find career opportunities in the following areas: companies involved in the design and maintainance of civil structures, plants and infrastructures; universities and higher education research institutions; public offices in charge of the design, planning, management and control of urban and land systems; businesses, organizations, consortia and agencies responsible for managing and monitoring civil works and services; service companies for studying the urban and land impact of infrastructures.
They can also work as self-employed professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are five tracks available:
- Earthquake Engineering (seismic design, assessment and retrofit, land use, financial policies to manage and to reduce seismic risk)
- Geotechnics (engineering problems involving soil and rock, foundations, tunnels, retaining walls)
- Hydraulics (water storage, transportation and control, pipelines, sewers, river and coastal erosion control, reservoirs)
- Structures (analysis and design of civil and industrial structures, including steel and concrete buildings, bridges and other structural facilities)
- Transportation Infrastructures (design of roads, railways, airports and harbors, modelling of transport fluxes)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 15 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or in a related field.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.