The Biomedical Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is intended to train students to design equipment, devices, materials, procedures and to develop and manage biomedical technologies in Companies and Health Structures.
The peculiar multidisciplinary structure of the programme allows developing a strong knowledge in electronics, informatics, mechanical, chemical, material engineering and it promotes the integration of technical studies with life science disciplines (biology, physiology and medicine).
The programme has 5 suggested tracks (besides the possibility to develop a personal study plan): Biomechanics and Biomaterials; Clinical Engineering; Cells, Tissue and Biotechnology; Information Bioengineering, Technologies for Electronics.
Biomedical Engineering graduated can be employed in the field of design, development and commercialization of biomedical devices, as well as in the pharmaceutical sector.
Career opportunities can be found in:
- manufacturing companies which are active on health-care market;
- public and private hospitals for the management of health technologies;
- medical equipment and service companies;
- biomedical laboratories;
- biomedical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical and Digital Methods for Engineering
- Bioengineering of the Motor System
- Mechanics of Biological Structures
- Bioengineering of Autonomic Control and Respiratory Systems
- Biofluid Dynamics
- Biomechanical Design
- Biomachines (with laboratory)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 4 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in a related field
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.