Within the modular structure all students undertake core/compulsory modules in:
- Research Skills;
- Independent Study (a one to one supervised programme of work leading to the development of the proposal for the Research Project);
- Supervised Experience – a module tailored to the needs of the individual and could include directed work with a specified client group or individual;
- Research Project relevant to the programme being studied.
Research Skills: is a double credit taught module. Students at Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology from Bangor University study the broad nature of the research process that will allow them to complete, initially, an appropriate Independent Study (in which a research proposal for the Research Project is completed) and subsequently, a full Research Project.
The module covers material relevant to the design and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative research. It also provides a broad understanding of the benefits and limitations of various research methods, research designs, data collection instruments and data analysis tools.
Students are given the opportunity to develop their ability to be critically evaluative.
Careers and Employability
All the School’s postgraduate programmes are designed (with further training where appropriate) to enhance the career prospects of Sport, Health and Exercise Science graduates.
Career destinations of Bangor postgraduates include: the Home Country Sports Institutes, National Governing Bodies, the Olympic Medical Institute, Professional sports teams and organisations, the fitness industry, the NHS (hospitals and Primary Care Trusts), Teaching and Education (after completing a Postgraduate Certificate of Education).
Further postgraduate study (ie Doctoral research) is another vocational route.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exercise is Medicine
- Research Skills
- Performance Physiology
- Supervised Experience
- Independent Study
- MSc Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 302 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students with a degree from a different academic area may also be considered. Working professionals with non-graduate qualifications will be assessed on an individual basis. Please contact us.
- EU and Overseas students, whose first language is not English, are required to take the standardised English Language test (IELTS) at their British Council before the June of their admission to the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.