The main educational aims of the programme include:
- To provide candidates with postgraduate level knowledge and skills in the area of national (UK and Irish), European and International (WTO, World Bank and UNCITRAL) Public Procurement Law and Strategy .
- To build up specialist legal skills and knowledge to equip candidates to operate in the interface between legal principles that apply in the Public Procurement environment and the strategic objectives of interests to organisations in the public and private sectors.
- To provide a flexible programme enabling candidates to develop national, European and international perspectives on Public Procurement law issues and practice, which will open up a whole new area of opportunity for graduates.
This Public Procurement Law and Strategy course at Bangor University will be of interest to several categories of applicants.
First, those working in a procurement role in either the public or private sectors: it will provide the ideal platform for those who wish to accelerate their career progression.
Second, the course is also suitable for those not yet in full-time employment, but who have a desire to pursue a career in this area.
The programme’s focus on procurement law and strategy will equip students with the portfolio of key skills required to occupy senior level positions within public and private sector procurement.
This programme enables candidates to develop their legal and procurement management expertise, and will provide a springboard for career progression in Public or Private Sector Procurement, or into public or private bodies, all of whom have procurement functions, which need to be serviced.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Research Skills
- National and European Public Procurement Law
- Applied Procurement Research Projects
- Risk Management in Public Procurement
- Sustainable and Social Procurement
- Contract Design and Management
- Innovation in Public Procurement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake).
DisciplinesPublic Law Master of Laws (LLM) Strategic Management View 352 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a 2.2 undergraduate degree in areas such as Law, Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Engineering (or any other discipline); OR
- 3 years’ work experience in a procurement-related field (degree not necessary); OR
- a suitable professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.