Additional strengths include gender and devotional literature (in the School of English), Anglo-Norman studies, and early sacred music, among others. Interdisciplinary approaches form the core of medieval studies, and the current expertise on the Medieval Studies programme at Bangor University guarantees this approach both through the core module and through the option modules.
In addition to this, Bangor can boast a unique combination of modules students can choose from, such as do not normally feature together: Welsh, Arthurian studies and Music form the distinctive core of the provision, alongside our widely recognised expertise in teaching palaeography and codicology.
- Medieval Arthur
- Women’s Devotional Writing
- Pre-Modern Travel
- Advanced Latin for Postgraduates
- The Archaeology of the Early Medieval Celtic Churches
- The Duke, Duchy and Institutions of Normandy, 942-1135
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Ancient History View 642 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- A 2.ii undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. Literary Studies, History, Arthurian Studies/Literature, Medieval Studies).
- In their personal statement, applicants should outline the area in which they would like to specialise (e.g. history, literary studies). Contact us for more information.
- For students whose first language is not English an IELTS score
International16250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.