This Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc has been designed for international nurses or allied health professionals who wish to study at an advanced level and respond to these changes.
The Advanced Healthcare Practice programme offered at the Bangor University MSc aims to develop your professional and clinical knowledge, skills and attributes so that you can contribute to the contemporary health and social care challenges in your home country. The Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc has been developed to enhance your applied research skills in addition to your professional clinical knowledge and skills.
Your enhanced knowledge and skills will enable you to understand and respond to the pathophysiological, psychological and social processes which underlie our patients, clients and communities experience of illness, health and disease.#
What does this programme offer?
This programme will facilitate your personal and professional development by providing opportunities to develop:
- Enhanced clinical skills attractive to employers in a range of clinical environments and roles
- Knowledge and skills to enhance your leadership qualities
- Understanding of research activity and different methods of research applied to your area of specialisation or interest
- Higher-level problem solving skills using critical analysis using appropriate forms of evidence or theory and reflection on practice
- Your academic skills through broad Masters level education
- Knowledge of contemporary global health challenges such as rising chronic illness
- Networks with UK registered nurses, allied health professionals and academics to develop your knowledge of the NHS and UK health systems including primary (community) and acute care
- Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Consultation Skills
- Physical Examination and Diagnostics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1966 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should possess healthcare registration or equivalent in in your home country, (nursing or allied health professions); 3 years experience in clinical practice with a degree classification equivalent of a 2(ii) or higher.
- All non-standard candidates are reviewed by the Course Director.
International16750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.