The New Media - New Media Design and Production from Aalto University is project-oriented, combining practice with theory.
You can focus on dynamic visualisation, art & culture, interaction design and interactive & generative storytelling. The programme is fully taught in English, and your master’s thesis can be written in Finnish, Swedish or English.
The students have an excellent basis for an international career. Their future professional profiles relate to the various fields of new media design and research, including interface design, interaction design, information design, interactive storytelling, new media production, media art & design, software design and digital animation.
- Understanding media, art and design
- Research skills
- Personal study plan HOPS
- Computer aided photography
- Systems of representation
- Interactive art
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.