Students learn to combine design, commerce, industry and research based approaches. Artistic and creative problem-solving strategies and techniques in mastering silhouettes, structures, materials and colours are a part of the studies. Students learn an experimental and conceptual approach to creating fashion, clothing, textile, surface and colour concepts and collections of a high international standard.
The Fashion, Clothing and Textile Design programme from Aalto University emphasises the understanding of different cultures and encourages students to innovate and re-think current practices in fashion as well as design business and industry. Entrepreneurial and sustainable thinking as well as multidisciplinary co-operation and communication in product development are essential skills.
The graduates have the skills and knowledge needed to sustain a professional career in fashion, clothing, textile, and design business and industry, media and education. The master studies prepare the students for a career in academic and corporate research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and Culture Now
- Design research
- Entrepreneurship and Business Creation
- Sustainable Fashion and Textile Design
- Knowledge Making in Fashion and Textiles
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.