You will specialise in a broad range of areas such as corporate valuation, derivatives, institutional investing, banking and insurance, corporate governance, responsible financing, and development finance.
- As a graduate of the MSc Finance from University of Groningen you will be trained for positions in which you contribute as a specialist in finance to decision-making in private (multinational) companies and financial institutions, consultancy firms, (international) institutional organizations such as the IMF, World Bank, ECB, etc. and governmental institutions.
- The curriculum of the programme offers you several options to develop a specific labour market orientation selecting specific sets of courses. You may focus on a career in corporate finance, investing, banking, or finance and development.
The programme is accredited by EQUIS and AACSB.
- Corporate Finance
- Five electives MSc Finance
- Master's Thesis Finance
- Portfolio Theory
- Research Methods in Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 65 other Masters in Finance in Netherlands
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Groningen and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- IELTS Academic overall score 6.5 (Speaking 6, Writing 6.5); TOEFL internet-based overall score 90 (Speaking 20, Writing 24); C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency (with minimum score 180).
- To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following fields: Economics and Business Economics, Business Administration, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics of Taxation, International Business and Technology Management (with additional requirements).
International16201 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16201 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.