Students in the International Biometrics (Optics, Vision, Image and Multimedia) programme delivered by the UPEC - Université Paris-Est Créteil will deal with all types of Biometrics, namely:
- Medical and healthcare oriented Biometrics: measurement, feature extraction from bio-signals and biomedical images.
- Security Biometrics: Fingerprint, face recognition, Iris recognition, for both identification and verification, etc.
- General purpose Biometrics: gesture analysis, motion analysis, image and video processing, behavioural feature extraction, etc.
- Mobile Biometrics: including signal and image applications on IOS and Android Smart devices.
What type of skills will you develop during this programTechnical skills
- Signal processing, Image processing and Computer Vision methods.
- Application development, including on Smart devices (e.g. Android and IOS) and connected devices.
- Project management
- Research and technical document writing and evaluation.
What will you be able to achieve after your graduation?
Once graduated, students can join companies as project manager, technical consultant, software system analyst, biometric systems engineer, software application developer, computer vision system designer, etc. You can also apply for PhD positions at any university in France, in Europe or in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Measurements and data processing
- Software integration
- Pattern recognition
- Introduction to biometrics
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Computer Sciences IT Security View 12 other Masters in IT Security in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Master 1
At least a Bachelor degree "3 years of university studies" in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent. For french education system a "Licence 3" is required (e.g. SPI, Informatics,...), or equivalent.
- Master 2
At least a Bachelor degree "4 years of university studies" in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology, or equivalent. For french education system a "Master 1" is required (e.g. Science Pour I’Ingénieur, Computer science, Mathematics, Physics,...), or equivalent.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.