You will focus on scientific, technical and computational aspects of Geographical Information Science (GIScience), with particular reference to the socioeconomic and environmental sciences.
Core modules introduce GIS, a rapidly evolving area in business and environmental applications.
- A degree in Geographical Information Science (Online) from University of Leeds and the experience you'll gain here will give you the edge to find the career you want. Your course will give you the experience and knowledge that employers are looking for to help you secure a job.
- The University of Leeds is in the top five most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters, according to High Fliers’ The Graduate Market in 2021 report.
- This course centres on the development of specialist intellectual knowledge and skills which are highly vocational and are in high demand from employers, both in the UK and overseas.
- GIS Data Visualisation and Analysis
- Programming for Geographical Information Analysis
- Professional and Personal Development
- Business and Service Planning
- Digital Image Processing for Environmental Remote Sensing
- Geodemographics and Neighbourhood Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 7 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a relevant subject such as geography, earth or environmental science, economics or a social science, mathematics, computer science or other subjects where good numeracy and/or computing skills can be demonstrated.
- Relevant work experience and professional training courses are viewed positively and are taken into account particularly for candidates whose first degree grade falls below the normal minimum requirement.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.