During the first year of the Master of Science in Aquatic Ecology from Linnaeus University , students are introduced to the latest research in the field of aquatic ecology/marine ecology and will deepen their knowledge of marine microbiology, advanced systematics, and resources and ecology of marine waters.
The function and evolution of different aquatic systems ranging from polar to tropical and from coastal to deep ecosystems are discussed in the light of the newest molecular advances in the field. Students are also introduced to simulation modelling and ecological applications that can offer solutions to complex management problems of water resources, including freshwater resources.
The second year is focused on a research project including a written thesis (30-60 higher education credits) with an appropriate advisor. The Masters thesis is carried out in fields related to research interests at the Marine Science Centre at Linnaeus University, including practicals giving the opportunity to apply acquired knowledge.
The programme is designed to prepare professionals interested in the field of aquatic ecology and sustainable environmental strategies for future careers as researchers, educators, decision makers and consultants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology in the Natural Sciences
- Molecular Ecology
- Project Course in Aquatic Ecology
- Project Course in Biology
- Degree Project in Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries Ecology Environmental Sciences View 44 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To meet the entry requirements for master's level (second cycle or graduate) studies, you must have been awarded a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognised university.
- 90 credits in Biology/Ecology/Microbiology, including an independent project/degree project worth at least 15 credits or the equivalent.
- English B/6 or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15535 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31070 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first payment: 77,500 SEK
- Tuition fee, total: 309,600 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.