You will gain a deeper understanding of specific issues within Lusophone Literature and learn to use advanced methods for the exploration of literary texts, both in terms of form and in terms of their relation to history, politics and ethics.
The theoretical level of the courses is high; at the same time, you will develop practical skills related to reviewing and editing literary works.
As a student in the Literature with a Specialisation in Portuguese Literature programme at Stockholm University you will have access to a large selection of courses in Lusophone Literature and in the wider Humanities.
A combination of compulsory and individually chosen courses will develop your knowledge and skills in this area, forming the basis for the writing of a strong scholarly Master’s Thesis.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the main field of study, including both broad knowledge of the field and a considerable degree of specialised knowledge in certain areas of the field as well as insight into current research and development work
- demonstrate specialised methodological knowledge in the main field of study
- Introduction to Literary Interpretation
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Narrative Theory
- Literature, Society, Criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 36 other Masters in Languages in Sweden
- Degree of Bachelor of Arts, with a major in Portuguese or Lusophone Literature. Swedish Upper Secondary School course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
- The quality/subject of the Bachelor’s Thesis and the relevance of previous studies in relation to the programme
International8524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17048 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- First instalment: 45000 SEK
- Total course/programme fee: 180000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.