Learn the skills to work effectively as a nutritionist in a range of employment settings.
Deakin’s Master of Human Nutrition draws content from related disciplines such as food science, biochemistry, physiology, epidemiology, psychology, sociology and politics and policy.
In this Master of Human Nutrition from Deakin University, you will develop an advanced understanding of the role of nutrition and diet in the health of individuals and the population. You will also learn about the biological, social and policy related aspects of human nutrition along with skills to evaluate the findings of human nutrition studies and undertaking research.
Graduates will be equipped to find careers as a nutritionist, nutrition promotion officer and nutrition consultant.
Graduates can expect to gain employment in a wide range of organisations such as food industry, state or local government community settings, state and federal health departments, NGOs with a nutrition focus, media or the corporate sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Nutrition
- Biochemistry and Physiology for Human Nutrition
- Lifespan Nutrition
- Understanding Human Nutrition Research Studies
- Essentials of Food Science
- Assessment Methods for Nutrition and Physical Activity Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- 8 or 12
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 7 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum entry requirement to this course is completion of a three year Bachelor degree or Postgraduate degree in a related discipline from an approved university or other educational institution OR completion of Bachelor Degree in any discipline PLUS two years of relevant work experience.
- CRICOS Provider Code 00113B.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.