Written and supported by a dedicated team of part-time tutors/practitioners engaged in health and safety practice, this course offers a unique opportunity to acquire knowledge and expertise in a highly practical context. This Safety and Risk Management programme at the University of Strathclyde has been formally accepted by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) as satisfying the academic requirements for Graduate Membership (GradIOSH).
Following successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate, there is an opportunity to progress to higher level study and Chartered Membership (CMIOSH). This course is available by distance learning only. If you have full-time work commitments, part-time distance learning study enables you to participate in your own time from any location and achieve a valuable qualification of benefit to both you and your organisation.Assessment is based on continuous assessment - there are no written examinations.
Learning & teaching
This course is delivered entirely by distance learning via the University's virtual learning environment, Myplace. Each stage of the programme is available with tutor support, providing you with an appropriate level of guidance, assessment and feedback.
- Benchmarking Safety & Risk Management
- Assessing Hazards, Risks & Dangers
- Optimising Safety & Risk Management Activities
- Corporate Risk Management
- Psychology of Workplace Activities
- Ergonomic Factors in Work Activities
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Postgraduate Certificate - 60
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120
DisciplinesManagement Studies Health Sciences Risk Management View 27 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- PgCert: Foundation-level certificate in occupational health and safety and a university degree (or equivalent preparation for postgraduate study). Relevant work experience will also be taken into account.
- PgDip: Successful completion of the University of Strathclyde Certificate in Safety and Risk Management. Applicants who have gained other qualifications and experience equivalent to GradIOSH may be accepted on to the Diploma, subject to certain conditions.
- MSc: Direct entry to the MSc is available to students who hold a Postgraduate Diploma in a Safety-related discipline.
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Three-year version - Year 3:
- Scotland/Rest of UK: £3,400
- International: £3,400
There are several scholarship opportunities available for students applying for this course. Please see website for further details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.