Taught exclusively in English by world-renowned scholars in social science, the Applied Social Psychology at HSE University is a unique master’s programme in Russia that gives students the opportunity to choose which areas they want to focus on, as well as the ability to complement their training in social psychology with minors in management, sociology, economics, and other disciplines.
The programme aims to train students in theoretical and applied social psychology, preparing them for careers in academia or in applied research settings focused on social psychology studies.
Advantages of the programme
The programme offers a number of advantages, including:
- The opportunity to earn two diplomas in social psychology from two outstanding universities
- The opportunity to learn from the leading researchers in the field of social psychology studies: Fons van de Vijver, Klaus Boehnke, Ilja van Beest
- A multicultural student community at HSE and the opportunity to gain unique international experience by studying in Moscow
- An individual training path with various elective and online courses
- Exposure to career opportunities in academia, government and business
Graduates of our programme have pursued advanced positions in a number of different sectors, including:
- Academia: PhD programmes at graduate schools around the world, teaching at colleges and universities, work in research centres
- Civil service: departments and offices working on social and migration issues
- Large international companies, for example in roles in consulting, market research, and human resources
- Non-government and non-profit organizations (e.g., CAF, UNICEF, WWF)
- Double-degree graduates have the opportunity to seek employment in European companies following a professional internship at Tilburg University.
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Theory and Methodology of Modern Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Social Psychology of Prejudice
- Environment Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Nov 1-Aug 14: online applications may be submitted for preliminary selection; online (and in-person) candidate interviews will be held with programme teamsAug 14- Aug 28: submission of all supporting documentsAug 28: Deadline for signing agreements and enrollment formsSept 1: Classes starting date depends on the choosen programmeDates apply to Moscow programmes only.Please note that some programmes begin on October 1.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 4 other Masters in Psychology in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at HSE University and/or in Russia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A photocopy of the diploma and academic transcripts
Motivation letter in English.
Summary on 5-10 pages for your final qualifying work (research paper) in English.
CV in English.
International2246 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2246 EUR per year during 24 months.
200 000 – 400 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE. Here is a link to explore: https://admissions.hse.ru/en/graduate-apply/financial-aid
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.