Taught exclusively in English by world-renowned scholars in social science, the Applied Social Psychology from National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) is a unique master’s programme in Russia that gives students the opportunity to choose which areas they want to focus on, as well as the ability to complement their training in social psychology with minors in management, sociology, economics, and other disciplines.
The programme aims to train students in theoretical and applied social psychology, preparing them for careers in academia or in applied research settings focused on social psychology studies.
Advantages of the programme
The programme offers a number of advantages, including:
- The opportunity to earn two diplomas in social psychology from two outstanding universities
- The opportunity to learn from the leading researchers in the field of social psychology studies: Fons van de Vijver, Klaus Boehnke, Ilja van Beest
- A multicultural student community at HSE and the opportunity to gain unique international experience by studying in Moscow
- An individual training path with various elective and online courses
- Exposure to career opportunities in academia, government and business
Graduates of our programme have pursued advanced positions in a number of different sectors, including:
- Academia: PhD programmes at graduate schools around the world, teaching at colleges and universities, work in research centres
- Civil service: departments and offices working on social and migration issues
- Large international companies, for example in roles in consulting, market research, and human resources
- Non-government and non-profit organizations (e.g., CAF, UNICEF, WWF)
- Double-degree graduates have the opportunity to seek employment in European companies following a professional internship at Tilburg University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Theory and Methodology of Modern Psychology
- Social Cognition
- Social Psychology of Prejudice
- Environment Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Nov 1-Aug 14: online applications may be submitted for preliminary selection; online (and in-person) candidate interviews will be held with programme teams
- Aug 14- Aug 28: submission of all supporting documents
- Aug 28: Deadline for signing agreements and enrollment forms
- Sept 1: Classes starting date depends on the choosen programme
- Dates apply to Moscow programmes only.
- Please note that some programmes begin on October 1.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Corporate Social Responsibility View 4 other Masters in Sociology in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A photocopy of the diploma and academic transcripts
Motivation letter in English.
Summary on 5-10 pages for your final qualifying work (research paper) in English.
CV in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2159 EUR per year during 24 months.
195 000 – 390 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International students can apply to study at HSE for free through full-tuition scholarships. This merit-based scholarship will completely waive all tuition fees for selected full-degree Master's programmes at HSE.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.