Why to study
The International Economic and Resources Law programme at University of Eastern Finland equips students with an understanding of the decision making processes and teaches them how to utilize the available legal means to maintaining the sustainable development of scarce resource markets. Graduates qualify for positions in companies that are active in the international resources sectors.
The programme also provides general expertise, for example for placements as government officials that prepare legislation or implement economic policies.
International Economic and Resources Law is a two-year Master's degree programme that combines high-level teaching with practically-oriented educational objectives.
The programme will cover international investments and trade. It focuses on the legal frameworks surrounding trade in public assets and resources, such as energy, food and technological infrastructure.
- International Business Contracts
- Public EU Law
- Environment, Clean Energy and Natural Resources
- Public International Law
- EU Law in Member States
- International Energy Law and Policy
- EU Energy Law and Policy
- Food Law and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Law Business Law View 14 other Masters in Economics in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are required to submit the following educational documents for the degree that you use as a basis for eligibility:
- The scanned copy of the original degree certificate (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the degree certificate
- The scanned copy of the original transcript of records (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the transcript of records.
- If the degree you use as a basis for eligibility to Master’s degree studies consists of studies completed at multiple institutions, for example a Higher National Diploma (HND) and a one-year Bachelor’s degree, you must submit educational documents that cover all your studies.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Joensuu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.