The courses cover market segment definition, product designing and calculation, product manufacturing and product recycling and re-use. The classes include all aspects of sustainable product creation and have an interdisciplinary scope with mechanical engineering (Mech) and electrical and computer engineering (ECE) know how. Students can elect their study path accordingly.
Saturday 19 November 2022 from 10.00 to 13.00 - Virtual Master’s Day of the University of Luxembourg! Meet and interact with our professors and choose the Master that suits you best! Learn more about our Master’s programmes and add the event to your calendar.
This Engineering - Sustainable Product Creation program at the University of Luxembourg enables students to acquire a good working knowledge of mechanical engineering covering the full product development process, and thus:
- Understand the impact of market-directed product designs.
- Create innovative designs.
- Ability to apply different material properties.
- Ability to design products and assess their durability as well as evaluating the durability of existing products.
- Evaluate related manufacturing process alternatives.
- Have a good understanding of the financial impact of engineering decisions.
- Assembly and testing technologies
- Assessment of Finite Element Calculations
- CAD & CAE
- Communication Theory
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Life Cycle Assessment and Eco Design
- Machine design
- Programming for engineers (Matlab & Python)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Sustainable Development View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Luxembourg
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Luxembourg and/or in Luxembourg, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor degree in engineering (mechanical or mechatronics) or related field
- Students with other Bachelor degrees and good grades are encouraged to apply
- Language: level B2 in English
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Registration fees: 200 € / Semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.