Whether you are looking for a career change, already work in psychological therapy, social work or in medicine and want to add therapeutic play to your existing skill set, or if you are a graduate just starting out in the field and want to refine your knowledge, this professional Therapeutic Play Skills (APAC) programme from Leeds Beckett University , delivered in partnership with the Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy (APAC), and accredited by the professional body Play Therapy UK, will enable you to work under supervision with individual children who have slight to moderate problems.
You will be able to practise, with the guidance of a supervisor, using therapeutic play skills in schools and other settings including primary health care, providing emotional support for slight to moderate problems with individual children. If you are already working as a self-employed play therapist, this qualification will give you added confidence to continue working and offering your services as a practitioner.
- Play Therapist
- Play Worker
- Children's Nurse
- Nursery Nurse
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to & Setting Up Play Therapy Practice Using Non-Directive Play Therapy
- Using Symbolic Play Therapy Tools & Metaphor Safely
- Using Expressive Arts Therapy to Reach the Unconscious
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 162 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Leeds Beckett University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We may use selection criteria based on your personal attributes; experience and/or commitment to the area of study. This information will be derived from your personal statement and reference and will only be used if you have met the general entry requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.