With this Sports and Exercise Therapy from Leeds Beckett University you will study the theories which underpin the practical application of sports therapy. You will have access to the University's specialist resources and be able to draw on the considerable expertise of our sport and health academics to further hone your knowledge.
You will have the opportunity to apply your learning and sharpen your practical skills on several placements. You could refine your expertise in the assessment, treatment and management of injuries working in a private practice, with the University's sports teams or with elite-level athletes and professional sports clubs.
You could work as a sports therapist for professional sports teams, in clinics, in fitness clubs or for education providers such as colleges and universities delivering related disciplines. Alternatively, you could choose to work as a self-employed sports therapist working across the sports and leisure industry.
- Sports Therapist
- Sports Coach
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomical, Assessment & Examination
- Skills & Practice for Sports & Exercise Therapy
- Sports Trauma Management
- Sports Injury Management & Rehabilitation
- Clinical Decision Making in Sport <em>(optional for pathway 2: students with physiotherapy / sports therapy related degree)
- Research in Practice (Dissertation)
- Placements within Sports & Exercise Therapy Contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 68 other Masters in Kinesiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Sport and Exercise Science or Sports Therapy, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.